This Cookies Policy aims to provide the necessary information so that users of our website may decide if they wish to allow the installation of cookies used by ITeC and also decide how to manage them. For this purpose, we provide a series of basic notions, the awareness of which we consider to be essential for users of the Internet (what cookies are, what they are used for, how to deactivate or delete them) and we facilitate the identification of our cookies.
The information regarding the Cookies Policy of ITeC is provided in two parts: the first part, a “warning” at the bottom of the webpage which warns about the installation of non-exempt cookies, describing their purpose in the event of continuing to browse without modifying the browser settings; and a link to the current Policy is provided so that users may further understand their content and operation in more detail, this being the second part of information.
Our Cookies Policy is public and permanently accessible through the link called “Cookies” enabled on our website, which users may access to remain informed at all times.
This Cookies Policy may be updated at any time, as a result of a change in the legislation or as a result of any change in the configuration of the cookies used.
Cookies are small text files which are stored on the computers of users when they visit websites. Their use is extremely useful for those sites to function more efficiently: for example, if users select a preferred price range, the website will remember their preference and the users will have this field selected during their next navigation.
Types of cookies
There are different types of cookies depending on the purpose for which they are used. The ITeC uses the following types of cookies:
- Technical cookies: these enable users to browse a webpage and use the different options or services that appear on the site, for example, identify the session; access restricted areas; user authentication; carry out a purchase or order; or share content on social networks.
- Publicity cookies: these enable us to manage, in the most effective way possible, the advertising spaces of our website, based on criteria such as the content edited or the frequency with which adverts are shown. For these purposes, we use Google’s Google Ad Manager service, the conditions of which can be consulted at the following addresses: Google publicity cookies and Google Ad Manager cookies.
- Socialcookies: these are cookies that the service providers of social networks may install when users choose to share specific content from our website on the social network which they operate. The conditions of these services can be consulted at the following addresses: Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus/YouTube.
Management of cookies
The installation of cookies occurs after having obtained consent by the users. Said consent will be understood to have been obtained if the users browse our website or if they carry out certain actions which imply the express authorization of the installation of cookies.
If users wish to withdraw the consent given, they must delete the cookies installed and, if applicable, modify their preferences regarding the acceptance of cookies through the browser options. To avoid them being installed in the future, they must activate the Private Navigation or “Do-Not-Track” options appearing on their browser. In other words, they must block or deactivate the installation of cookies.
To permit, block or delete the cookies installed on their equipment or device through configuring the browser options installed on the same, they must follow the instructions provided by the browser itself. Below, we provide links to configure the cookies on the most popular browsers:
- Internet Explorer: Delete and manage cookies,
- Mozilla Firefox: Delete cookies and Block cookies
- Google Chrome: Clear, enable and manage cookies
- Opera: Cookies options
- Safari: Manage cookies
If any other browser is used, or the links provided do not contain the information required, the information regarding how to manage the cookies that are installed on the device can be found by accessing the “Options” or “Configuration” menu, or similar, of the browser, or by consulting the “Help” or “Support” section of the browser itself.
There are browsers which enable specific rules to be set up (exceptions) to manage the cookies by website, in such a way that the cookies can be disabled on all sites, except those trusted by the users.
To manage Google ads the following link can be used: Control your Google ads. Likewise, users can voluntarily exclude the gathering of information by Google Ad Manager (Google), Facebook, Twitter and other entities, through the following links: networkadvertising.org, youronlinechoices.com and aboutads.info.
Remember that you must configure your preferences on all devices you use to browse the Internet.